Adjustment of Immigration Status

At the Law offices of Marjan Alitalaei we can assist nationals from all countries who are seeking permanent residency (a green card). Our lawyers in Los Angeles will thoroughly review your history before engaging in representation to make certain you qualify to adjust your status to that of a permanent resident in the United States. If you do not qualify for adjustment of status, our experienced immigration adjustment lawyers and staff will consider other options such as Consular processing for permanent residency.

Intending immigrants who apply for a green card must go through an extensive process. When a visa number is available, the intending immigrant seeking a green card must apply for an adjustment of status. At the beginning of the process, a petition is filed with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). This petition is typically filed by a family member who is sponsoring the intending immigrant applicant.

After reviewing all documents and making a determination of the eligibility of an intending immigrant applicant, the USCIS will either approve or deny the immigration application. If the application is granted, the USCIS shall record the alien’s lawful admission for permanent residence as of the date the application is granted. If the application for Permanent Residency is denied, the USCIS may serve the intending Immigrant with a Notice to Appear before an Immigration Judge to determine whether removal from the United States is warranted.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *